Usage of Astronomer Enterprise Edition (EE) requires a subscription.
Astronomer Platform dictionary
Familiarize yourself with basic platform terminology. Some content may be duplicated across other guides but will contain more detail and context around the terms.
- Astronomer Platform — All of the Astronomer Core and Deployment-Specific components which live on a Kubernetes cluster.
- Astronomer Core — The core applications that make up the Astronomer Platform. There is only one instance of each component with a single Astronomer install.
- Deployment Components — The applications specific to a single Airflow deployment.
- Platform Install — A single installation of the Astronomer Platform. Will include the core components as well as deployment components for each deployment created on your cluster.
- Astronomer Project — An Airflow project directory containing dependency files. In most circumstances it is one to one with a production deployment.
- Deployment — A named Airflow cluster. Mapped to only a single Astronomer project.
- Workspace — Workspaces contain a group of Airflow Cluster Deployments.
- astro-cli — A command line tool giving the programmatic access to the Astronomer Platform.
- houston-api — A GraphQL API responsible for handling request from the user or user-level platform components (astro-cli, orbit-ui).
- commander — Handles gRPC requests from the houston-api in order to provision, update and delete Airflow deployments on the Astronomer Platform.
- orbit-ui — A webUI built on React. Provides a clean visual experience for users who will be administrating and monitoring the platform.